Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chick Flicks and Unreasonable Expectations

I just read a blog post from Radical Womanhood this afternoon, You've Got Lies: Chick Flicks and the World's Approach to Men & Marriage. After reading it, it made me think of my recent commentary on The Women and other chick flicks that I browse through on TV. I'm not saying not to watch these films, but as the summer flood of chick flicks come out, we should definitely wave the cautionary flag and think through what we're watching and how it lines up to God's standard so that we're not whisked away by culture's carriage and unreasonable expectations for our marriages, husbands or even husband-to-bes.

Here's a link to the original article that Carolyn McCulley wrote about in Radical Womanhood: http://www.capitolhillbaptist.org/wp-content/uploads/youve_got_lies.pdf.

No comments:

Post a Comment