Sunday, August 9, 2009

A True View of Womanhood?

I was browsing through About.com for an unrelated topic to godly womanhood and discovered this interesting article: A Woman's Place in Christianity, written by an atheist. I feel like I reference a counterrevolution to feminism/societal views of womanhood periodically but I rarely have cut and dry examples of what we're up against. This article is a prime example ... take a look at the comments at the end of it as well.

I can see how the quotes that are mentioned could tick people off and portray a negative view of Christianity and how it depicts womanhood (regardless if these quotes were wrong or just taken out of context) ... it definitely fires me up, heck even the best of us do that though at times, but that's why we can't put our hope in man but in God, the holy creator of the universe! Because of our sinful nature (believers or not), unfortunately we will always have the capacity to lead people astray because we can get caught up projecting our own "righteousness" and not the work of Jesus' grace and renewal in our hearts. We can only lead people to the Lord and trust that he's going to redeem their view of creation.

I would love to hear your comments about this and hopefully put together a 'counter' (on this blog since the article that I reference was written in 2005) to this article referencing where scripture does call womanhood a godly and blessed calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment